A clean home has numerous health benefits. If you live in the Durham Region, you know how important it is to keep your home clean, especially during allergy season.
A one-time session once a year may not be the best option to counter the dirt, allergens, and problems that may compound, especially during the allergy season. For those of us who suffer from allergies, recurring professional cleaning is important as they have the expertise for allergy season cleaning.
However, regular cleaning, such as cleaning at least once a week, allows you to get rid of dust, mold, and pollen that might lurk in your home.
Residents of the Durham Region know that they ought to maintain a clean home, but the trouble is always where to start, how to start and what to do. This allergy season cleaning guide will show how best to maintain every part of your home, especially during this season.
If you are looking for a house cleaning service that uses green cleaning supplies and can provide deep house cleaning, our team at the Cleaning Ladies is here for you. We provide recurring services at our cleaning company and offer monthly cleaning services if necessary.
Home Areas to Pay Attention to During Allergy Season Cleaning
Here are the areas that house cleaning services will pay attention to when conducting a cleaning session and help you and your family sneeze less from allergy season cleaning.
Flooring is a vital part of the home. Your floor type can determine the cleanness of your home to a very large extent. While carpeting may be affordable, it is conveniently a breeding space for mold. You should replace your carpet with washable area rugs and hardwood or linoleum floors.
However, if it is not possible to replace your carpet, opt for low-pile carpeting and vacuum once a week with a vacuum cleaner that has a small-particle filter. You should also ensure you regularly wash the carpet.
Although it may be tempting to open the windows for some fresh air, when you have allergies it can make them worse. Remember to change your air filters for your air conditioning units and this will help with your allergy season cleaning. Further, it is a great idea to minimize exposure to the outdoors when the pollen count is high.
Also, ensure that you clean the window frames and sills of mold and dampness.
Another thing to note is washable roller shades instead of horizontal blinds. Good materials that can be easily washed are cotton and synthetic fabrics. You can choose from the array of patterns and add some aesthetics to your home interior while maintaining optimal sanitation.
Maintaining a Household Cleaning Routine
This section has been divided into the different rooms in a home for easy understanding and help with your allergy season cleaning.
- To keep mold at bay, relocate potted plants or cover their soil with aquarium gravel.
- Use natural gas fireplaces instead of wood stoves (even though the smell can bring back great memories).
- Install and operate an exhaust fan to reduce moisture.
- Install tiling or use mold-resistant enamel walls paint.
- After each usage, towel-dry the tub and its enclosure.
- Bleach the tub, shower, and faucets to remove mold.
- Fix any plumbing leaks as soon as possible you can.
- Use Synthetic materials instead of wool or feather beddings.
- Dust-mite-proof your pillows, box springs, and mattresses.
- At least once a week, wash your pillowcases, sheets, and blankets.
- Keep dusty items or surfaces at bay
- Ensure that toys and games are kept in plastic bins.
- Put your food in airtight containers.
- Ensure daily dishwashing/running the dishwasher.
- Throw away expired food.
- To avoid mold formation in the refrigerator, wipe up any excess moisture.
- Using detergent and water, clean the cabinets and counters.
- Place garbage in an insect-proof can and empty it once a day.
- Store souvenirs and clothing in plastic storage containers.
- Remove any moldy or wet carpeting
- Look for any sources of leaks or water damage and fix them.
- To reduce humidity, use a dehumidifier to clean your basement once a week.
Sanitation Control Measures
To maintain a clean home during allergy season, you should observe the following control measures.
Humidity and temperature
Dust mites and mold thrive in hot, humid environments. Ensure that you maintain a moderate temperature and humidity. At least once a month, clean small-particle filters in your central heating and cooling systems and air conditioners.
Installing a superior air filter in your central heating and air conditioning system can turn it into a filtering system for your entire house. Make sure the clean air delivery rate is appropriate for your room size.
Mold can grow easily on moist surfaces. Mold and dust mites thrive in high humidity environments. Hence keep your home’s temperature cold to keep them at bay. Since mold grows quickly on moist surfaces, look for water leaks in the roof and ceilings and seal them up immediately.
Here are a few things you can do weekly to maintain a clean home during allergy season. They include:
- Use the clothes drier: Laundry left outside may be infected by pollen and mold.
- Clean outside entryways: This will reduce how much rack dust or pollen gets into your home.
- Remove your shoes before entering the house: This is to avoid tracking in pollen or other contaminants.
- Keep pets out of the bedroom: This is an important step, especially if your pets are allowed to wander around your neighborhood.
- Remember to clean hidden surfaces: Your ceiling fans are a good example.
Are You Interested in Professional Home Cleaning and House Cleaning Services?
It is possible to maintain a high level of sanitation even through allergy season. However, it can be quite overwhelming if you have a busy schedule and likely need help. A professional cleaning service can save you the stress of keeping your home sparkling clean for only a token.
Our customer care team is here to field your questions about office cleaning. We offer top-notch professional cleaning service, and we can help you prioritize your family’s health and wellbeing. Whether you require one-time cleaning services, deep cleaning services, or commercial cleaning services, we provide a free estimate to help you save money.
If you are looking for assistance from professional cleaners and cleaning services for deep cleaning when it comes to house cleaning, reach out to our team at The Cleaning Ladies or follow us on Facebook.